Friday, January 2, 2009

Lesson 2: Accountability - Stacy Wells provides Free 30 Day Coaching

Now that you have created your new exciting and empowering beliefs for yourself, it’s time to get honest with your self and be accountable for your actions! This step could quite possibly be the most difficult to master or it could be simple depending on the mindset or beliefs that you choose to create for yourself. Either way, once you are accountable for your life, you will begin living at a different level of consciousness and being. First you must take a step back and replay a situation in which you “think” you were the victim. Once you have been the victim, choose to have a new mindset and retell yourself that same story with an accountable version.

Here’s one of my VICTIM stories:

A while back I was traveling in my vehicle when a woman unconsciously ran a red light causing me to T-bone her vehicle while traveling about 40 miles an hour. My vehicle was totaled and I was sent to the hospital. She not only ruined my vehicle, but also my last chance to say goodbye to my Grandfather who was passing away.

Boo Hoo

Now here’s my ACCOUNTABLE version of the same story:

A while back I choose to get into my vehicle to go see my Grandfather who was passing away. As I was traveling down the road, talking on my cell phone, a woman unconsciously ran a red light. I swerved to miss her, and probably could have had I been more conscious myself and not been gabbing away. I T-boned her vehicle and totaled mine. I was sent to the hospital.


The accountable version takes the blame away from the other woman involved and provides a different perspective on the situation. Did it change what happened? Absolutely not! Did it take away from the fact that another party was also involved? No it didn’t! But what it DID do was allow me to share in the situation as an accountable person.

As you go about your days in this New Year, I CHALLENGE you to take a look at every situation in which you are involved and strive to look through accountable eyes. Not only will it give you a different perspective but it will also force you to be honest to yourself.

Be Honest & Be Accountable.
A New Year, New You Awaits !

No comments: